ISI designs, builds, installs and services material handling, conveyor, production and piping systems for some of the biggest companies in the world. ISI has seen remarkable growth in the last several years. We have a 25-plus-year reputation for quality and we never miss a deadline.
ISI is seeking a talented Industrial Estimator/Project Coordinator to allow for further growth. We need someone who is organized, knowledgeable and experienced, and who can execute the takeoff, bidding and estimating processes at ISI, then follow through to help ensure that our projects are completed safely, properly, timely and profitably. ISI’s Industrial Estimator/Project Coordinator will estimate, bid, and assist with the coordination of installation and related manufacturing projects of all sizes (up to $20 million+), ranging from modest retrofits, installations and demos, to large turnkey jobs.
AS AN INDUSTRIAL ESTIMATOR/PROJECT COORDINATOR, YOU’LL:
Determine scope, develop estimates & generate bids:
- Evaluate RFPs, project specs, work orders, drawings and bid documents to determine scope of work.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and make site visits.
- Perform material take-offs and organize pre-bid info.
- Assemble/estimate costs for materials, purchased items, ISI-manufactured items, labor, subcontractors, equipment rentals, per diems, etc., while accounting for specific job conditions that may affect those costs.
- Identify and assist in obtaining applicable permits.
- Solicit bids and quotes from subcontractors and suppliers, and assist with related negotiations.
- Analyze each subcontactor and material bid to make sure scope is understood and covered adequately.
- Prepare bid letters and proposal packages and, after review to ensure accuracy and correct scope of work (including clarifications and exclusions), submit them to customers.
- When projects are awarded, review contracts for errors prior to obtaining management signatures.
Coordinate & track projects:
- In consultation with various ISI personnel and senior management, determine project schedule.
- In cooperation with Purchasing, obtain major equipment items and components.
- Confirm contract, insurance certificate, and lien waiver documents are current for sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Track and report on projects (including production updates) using MS Office apps and MS Project, as well ISI’s in-house database system.
- Communicate directly with field supervisors re: project progress, change orders, inspection info, delays, etc., and regularly provide related updates to project manager.
- Ensure change orders are submitted and approved as needed.
- Ensure subcontractors are fulfilling all obligations.
- Identify and work to resolve any site issues that may impede project delivery.
- Assist Accounting by providing detailed support for progress billing.
ISI offers very competitive pay ($67K/year OR MORE, depending on experience, skills and qualifications) and a solid benefits package (including health, dental and vision insurance), and a company-matched 401(k). Please note that salaried personnel at ISI have a 45-hour workweek.
No relocation assistance available.
ISI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Associate’s Degree in mechanical engineering or a related field preferred.
- 5 or more years’ experience successfully estimating, bidding, planning, scheduling and coordinating industrial equipment installation (millwright, mechanical and rigging) projects, including assembly, erection, relocation and/or dismantling of large machinery, conveyors, equipment, and structural items (stairs, platforms, mezzanines, etc.).
- Ability to understand and interpret construction/mechanical blue prints, and communicate related info.
- Ability to do material takeoffs from bid documents and drawings.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office apps (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Proficient in navigating AutoCAD (AutoDesk Inventor knowledge is very helpful).
- Proficient in using MS Project.
- Willingness to travel as needed (most work will be based at ISI’s York, PA, office but travel for take-offs, bid meetings, etc., may be required).
- Hands-on millwright and rigging experience is preferred (and extremely helpful).
- Knowledge of shop equipment fabrication and estimating.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.