ISI designs, builds, installs, and services material handling & conveyor systems and food & beverage production lines for some of the biggest companies in the world. We also have a custom metal shop.
The Forklift Truck Mechanic will perform maintenance and repairs on forklift trucks used throughout the facility.
- Inspects forklift truck fleet to ensure trucks are working properly and safely.
- Identifies any forklift trucks that need repairs.
- Removes unsafe equipment from facility operating area and notifies supervisor.
- Repairs and maintains various types of forklift mostly gas-powered.
- Tests forklift trucks to ensure repairs are completed correctly.
- Schedules and performs routine maintenance for forklift trucks.
- Ensures batteries for electric forklift trucks are fully charged.
- Replaces empty propane tanks on propane-powered forklift trucks.
- Maintains repair log for forklift truck fleet.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Five or more years of experience as a lift mechanic.
- Skilled at diagnostics (ISI does not currently have advanced computer diagnostics).
- Possess an extensive set of mechanic’s tools.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Ability to handle shifting priorities with ease.
- Willingness to provide occasional road service (including infrequent overnight stays if needed) and work some OT depending on work load and truck requirements.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of forklift truck mechanic’s training course required.
ISI is an equal opportunity employer
- Must be physically capable of accessing all parts of the forklift truck needing repairs or maintenance, either by kneeling or lying on back.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.