IMPORTANT: ALTHOUGH THIS IS A TRAVELING POSITION, ONLY CANDIDATES WHO LIVE WITHIN A REASONABLE COMMUTE OF YORK, PA (OR CANDIDATES INDICATING A CLEAR WILLINGNESS TO RELOCATE TO THE AREA) WILL BE CONSIDERED.
ISI designs, builds, installs and services custom conveyor systems and more for some of the biggest companies in the world. We have a 25-year+ reputation for quality and we never miss a deadline.
ISI now has a great, long-term opportunity for an experienced Millwright Foreman that understands multiple trades!
ISI is located just north of York, PA. We are looking for people that live (or want to live) in this area (please indicate your willingness to relocate in your response to this ad). Fishing, boating, hunting, hiking and camping opportunities are all located nearby. We are an easy day trip from Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, DC.
As a Millwright Foreman for ISI, you will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of industrial installation projects – and many other kinds of industrial/manufacturing projects – at our customers’ facilities (and sometimes in our shop). You will need to present yourself professionally while motivating and leading 2-20 employees (or more) at a time. You will be responsible for the safe and timely completion of projects and the delivery of high-quality service and customer satisfaction.
In this hands-on position, you’ll be asked to:
- Ensure a safe working environment for ISI employees and customers;
- Assist in planning and tracking job-related activities;
- Direct a group of millwrights, pipe fitters/welders, and other crew members;
- Interact with management, employees and customers in a professional and positive manner;
- Review, train and develop ISI employees;
- Accurately read and interpret blueprints and other documents related to the completion of the project;
- Determine parts, supplies, tools, and equipment needs, place orders for them, then receive and organize them in advance of production needs;
- Act as a problem-solver;
- Accept and act on short-notice changes with a positive attitude;
- Research and compile information and provide reports as needed;
- Ensure all paperwork and timesheets are complete, accurate and submitted on a timely basis;
- Maintain an orderly, clean and safe worksite;
- Ensure organized return of all project-related tools, equipment, etc., when projects end;
- Ensure the security of all ISI property and tools;
- Weld and fabricate proficiently;
- Use your excellent mechanical skills;
- Rig machinery;
- Work within precise limits;
- Work at heights;
- Travel out-of-town for extended periods of time.
This position pays $36-37/hour OR MORE, depending on experience, qualifications and skills. (Note that this pay level is only for those who are fully qualified based on ISI standards. Candidates qualified for other positions will be considered, but the pay rates will be different.)
ISI also offers a solid benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance, and a company-matched 401(k) retirement plan.
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Have 3 - 5 years of foreman experience, plus 5 years of millwright experience;
- Have 3 - 5 years of experience installing conveyor systems;
- Be willing to travel for extended periods of time;
- Be highly proficient at reading and working from blueprints;
- Possess excellent planning and coordination skills;
- Have strong leadership and communication skills (these are essential);
- Have good attention to detail;
- Have the ability to do strenuous work, sometimes in extreme hot or cold temperatures;
- Plumbing, pipefitting and/or pipe welding skills a big plus!
- Provide your own hand tools (the tools of the trade);
- Have a current valid driver's license with a safe driving history;
- Pass a weld test (mig and stick);
- Pass a drug screen and background check.
ISI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36.00 to $37.00 /hour