The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining and repairing the production equipment at both facilities in Emigsville. Further, this position is responsible for building maintenance and grounds maintenance, which includes snow removal from walkways, stairs, etc. Some travel is required; driving between the shops and wherever needed to obtain parts.
- Conduct routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Handle basic repairs and maintenance.
- Diagnose mechanical issues and correct them.
- Repair machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
- Working indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather, at heights, often under tight time constraints, and with sometimes very heavy materials.
- Proven maintenance experience: solid mix of machine maintenance (including pneumatics and hydraulics) and industrial building maintenance (including electrical, plumbing, etc.).
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches. Welding is helpful, but not required.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually along with strong time management skills.
- Current valid driver’s license and the ability to pass a drug screen and background check.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of maintenance experience required.
- Related degree from a technical college helpful.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to complete jobs accurately with minimal to no supervision.
- Must be able to traverse facilities and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials.
- Must be able to work in all kinds of weather, at heights, often under tight time constraints, and with sometimes very heavy materials.
ISI is an equal opportunity employer