This position will act as a liaison between the Accounting Department and Engineering Department. Gathering all information in order to complete permitting applications and obtain proper licensing prior to the start of projects and as necessary throughout the project. The Compliance Specialist & Project Coordinator needs to develop and maintain rapport internally and externally with inspectors and customers. Coordinate project information and schedules; understanding where the company is with regards to scheduled bids and making sure bids are sent out on time.
- Work with Engineering to ensure all data is collected in a timely manner:
- must understand industrial terms;
- knowledge of reading blueprints.
- Complete job permits:
- collect necessary data;
- coordinate the proper inspections;
- complete all the necessary paperwork;
- submit, on time, all the paperwork to the customer.
- Schedule and coordinate site inspections as required throughout the project lifecycle.
- Coordinate project biding processes from start to finish; knowing, at all times, where the company is in the project ensuring all required documentation is sent to the customer on schedule.
- Track and report on projects (including production updates) using MS Office apps and MS Project, as well ISI’s in-house database system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Ability to understand and interpret construction/mechanical blueprints, and communicate related information.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office apps (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Proficient in navigating AutoCAD (AutoDesk Inventor knowledge is very helpful).
- Proficient in using MS Project.
- Ability to track down, gather, and organize large amounts of information.
- Associate’s Degree in mechanical engineering or a related field preferred.
- 5 or more years’ experience successfully bidding and coordinating industrial equipment installation projects.
ISI is an equal opportunity employer
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.