ISI designs, builds, installs and services material handling, conveyor and production systems for some of the biggest companies in the world. We have a 20-plus-year reputation for quality and we believe in providing top-notch service done right the first time.
ISI is seeking a qualified person to work at our Fabrication Shop as a Material Handler. This position requires lots of time spent outside in all weather conditions, ensuring (and participating in) the accurate, complete, safe and secure loading of trucks and trailers bound for job sites throughout the US. ISI commonly ships complicated mixed loads that include a variety of parts, tools, equipment and components that are transported via lowboys, flatbeds and box trailers. Note that willingness to work lots of overtime and weekends as needed is an absolute must. This role will include the following duties:
- Hands-on involvement in all aspects of shipping and receiving, with primary responsibility for outdoor work;
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions;
- Maintaining a neat, organized, safe and clean yard;
- Organizing loads, including organizing equipment and components in advance to ensure smooth yard operations;
- Ensuring the 100% safe, timely, complete and accurate loading and securement of ISI and vendor trucks and trailers;
- Promptly unloading and organizing all inbound freight;
- Loading and unloading trucks using pallet jacks, forklifts and overhead cranes;
- Light rigging;
- Occasionally making deliveries to customers/job sites; and
- General housekeeping as assigned.
We offer competitive pay ($17 - $19/hr or more, depending on experience, skills and qualifications) and a solid benefits package (including health, dental and vision insurance), and a company-matched retirement plan.
- Familiarity with various industrial parts, tools and equipment
- Experience loading mixed loads on a variety of trailer types
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record is required
- A CDL is helpful, but not required
- Willingness to regularly work overtime and weekends, as needed
- Organizational skills are essential
- Computer literacy is very helpful
- Ability to regularly lift up to 75 pounds is required
- A background check, including criminal history, and drug screen is required
ISI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.