The Mechanical Assembler builds conveyor components. Following blueprints and schematics and using a variety of hand tools, including pneumatic and electric hand tools, they will assemble rollers and drives for conveyor systems. This position requires a high level of attention to detail and the ability to work neatly and independently.
- Produce a quality product working within reasonably precise limits, without error, etc.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Moving heavy steel parts with prolonged standing, bending, squatting, reaching, etc., etc.
- May be asked to work anywhere inside the shop – or outdoors – at any time, performing any function.
- Read manufacturing prints
- Follow verbal and written instructions; work independently.
- Experience with forklift and overhead crane operation.
- Experience in a metal fabrication shop, and with basic metal fabrication tools.
- Some minimal mig welding experience is helpful, but not required.
- Willingness to regularly work overtime and weekends, as needed.
- Organizational skills are essential.
- Computer literacy is very helpful.
- Education and Experience:
- 3 or more years of assembly experience, not assembly line, but classic shop floor mechanical/machine assembly.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds at a time on a regular basis.
- Prolonged standing, bending, squatting, reaching, etc., etc.
- Working outdoors at any time, performing any function.
ISI is an equal opportunity employer