ISI designs, builds, installs and services material handling & conveyor systems and food & beverage production lines for some of the biggest companies in the world. We also have a custom metal fabrication shop.
ISI is seeking a highly qualified Plant / Conveyor Layout Designer. This position involves plant layout detailing, drafting and design in the following areas (and more):
- Conveyor systems and components
- Platforms & mezzanines
ISI is seeking candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
- Excellent design/drafting skills in AutoCAD 2006 or later
- Solid modeling training or experience is helpful (AutoCAD Inventor preferred)
- Conveyor and plant layout experience
- Machine design/drafting experience
- Knowledge (either through training or experience) of sheet metal fabrication principles
- Project management experience or training is helpful
- Ability to invite and accept constructive feedback
- Ability to complete work based on clients' standards and specifications
- Experience in the package handling industry is a very big plus
- Ability to complete drawings accurately and quickly
- Ability to interact well with other departments to obtain ideas, ensure quality and correct errors
ISI is located just north of York, PA. Fishing, boating, hunting, hiking and camping opportunities are all located nearby. We are an easy day trip from Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, DC.
We strongly prefer local candidates. No relocation assistance is available (though this may be negotiable). We are unable to sponsor visas.
We offer competitive pay ($72K-$74K/year or more, depending on experience and education), health, dental and vision benefits and a retirement package.
A relevant associates degree is required. 3 years of experience is required, unless you can demonstrate mastery of AutoCAD and of layout principles and practices. Some hands-on exposure to the mechanical trades is very helpful.
All candidates must pass a background check.
A drafting test is required. During this test, you will use AutoCAD to design a set of industrial stairs, per real-world specifications that ISI uses routinely. You will also be asked to detail the components of those stairs. This test can take up to 3 hours.
ISI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,000.00 - $74,000.00 per year